[fitswcs] RADESYS = 'GAPPT'

William Pence William.Pence at nasa.gov
Wed Mar 16 16:34:42 EDT 2011

Steve,

The WCS section in the FITS Standard is not intended to include
everything in the WCS Papers, so I don't think that the omission of the
implementation details related to the GAPPT system should be considered
a mistake.  As stated in the first paragraph of Section 8 of the FITS
Standard:
"These WCS papers have been formally approved by the IAUFWG and
therefore are incorporated by reference as an official part of this
Standard.  The reader should refer to these papers for additional
details and background information that cannot be included here."

-Bill

Dr. William Pence                       William.Pence at nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC Code 662       HEASARC        +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771                      +1-301-286-1684 (fax)