[fitswcs] WCS -TAB complexities

Mark Calabretta mcalabre at atnf.CSIRO.AU
Mon Mar 28 23:01:16 EST 2005

On Thu 2005/03/24 09:29:35 PDT, Eric Greisen wrote
in a message to: Mark Calabretta <mcalabre at atnf.csiro.au>
and copied to: William Pence <William.D.Pence at nasa.gov>, fitswcs at nrao.edu

>accuity to new lows - any suggestions on what to say where in the

Eric,

Bill's sentence looks good to me.

In taking the next step with the WCSLIB coding there was another
implementation detail that I had not considered.  WCSLIB has previously
assumed, quite reasonably, that a data cube could only have one pair of
celestial axes and at most one spectral axis.  Also, less reasonably,
-LOG was treated as a spectral axis for no better reason than that it is
defined in Paper III.

In implementing -TAB in wcsprm, I've also now extracted -LOG from spcprm
and am working the code to allow multiples of each in a single
coordinate description.

Cheers, Mark