[fitswcs] WCS -TAB complexities

Robert Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Thu Mar 24 17:58:02 EST 2005

> Does anyone here on the fitswcs list not support having the regional FITS
> committees review and vote on Paper III now?  (Reply to me personally if
you
> would rather keep your views private).

I think Paper III is going to have a bit of a tough road ahead.  Already
colleagues are commenting to me, in frustrated tones, about how complicated
it is.  Well, yes, doing this right turns out to be complicated.  I am not
sure quite how the broader community will react, but in any case it will
require some time and settling in before the whole thing can move forward.
So the sooner we start the better.

Bob