[fitswcs] inherit vs. concatenate

Eric Greisen egreisen at NRAO.EDU
Wed Jan 16 18:46:33 EST 2002

Steve Allen writes:
 > On Tue 2002-01-15T21:03:00 -1000, Malcolm J. Currie hath writ:
 > >                                             The main question for
 > > the Michelle headers is whether or not the PC matrix is here to stay.
 >
 > We have an instrument now being dismantled for shipment to Mauna Kea.
 > Even though there is still time to change the image acquistion
 > software we have decided that DEIMOS will use the CDj_i matrix.
 > The current drafts make it clear that we are perfectly safe
 > doing so.

So long as you do not want to male a Paper IV correction following the
multiplication by CD.  In that case you will have units probelms - in
principle they are just floating keyword values but they will be more
difficult to implement and differ vastly from Paper IV corrections
made before the PC/CD.

Eric Greisen