[fitswcs] Progress on WCS papers

Eric Greisen egreisen at NRAO.EDU
Tue Oct 16 13:14:41 EDT 2001

I have made available new drafts of Papers I and III from my web
page:

       http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~egreisen

Note that the old copies of the papers - ostensibly submitted to the
FITS committees - are referenced first.  Then there is a paragraph
about the progress made in recent months that references the new
drafts.

Changes to both I and III include anticipating Paper IV - moving
instrumental distortions from I and III to IV almost completely - and
upgrading the appendices to full sections of the proposal and moving
them from appendix status.

Paper I modifications include the new WCSAXES proposal as a
(secondary) solution to the "degenerate axes problem", corrections of
a number of typos, and addition of a short paragraph on the []
comments convention for units.  Paper III has an example added before
the ADASS meeting.

Mark is working on Paper II (and IV).  Progress will be reported when
they become available.