[fitswcs] Paper III: dispersed spectra function GRA

Frank Valdes valdes at noao.edu
Tue Nov 20 14:36:38 EST 2001

As Eric indicated in an earlier message, we are collaborating in adding
an ideal world coordinate function for typical optical (or other applicable
regimes) dispersers.  I have finished a first draft.  I would like to
make this available for comments, particularly from those familiar with
optical spectroscopy, to insure what I am proposing is reasonable.

Purely for formating purposes this draft appears to look like an A&A paper
but in reality this will be merged into paper III as one or more sections.
References to the intermediate coordinates and variables and the WAVE-WAV
coordinate function come from Eric's current paper III draft.  The
algorithm identifier GRA is certainly open to alternate suggestions.
Comments may be sent to me or may warrent open discussion in this forum.

Postscript: http://iraf.noao.edu/projects/fitswcs/wave-gra/wave-gra.ps
LaTex: http://iraf.noao.edu/projects/fitswcs/wave-gra/wave-gra.tex
EPS figures: Same path - coude.eps, hydra.eps, mars.eps

Happy Thanksgiving,
Frank