[fitsmime] Re: New MIME-types-for-FITS RFC draft

Robert Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Wed Mar 24 08:56:54 EST 2004

Bill, Steve, Don,

  I finally had a chance to read the latest RFC draft.  Overall I think it
is an excellent job.  Mark and Lucio have made some good points, and I also
have some specific comments and suggestions for the document, more along the
lines of copyediting rather than major revisions.  How would you like me to
handle these?

  One thing I find a little strange is the way references are done.  Perhaps
this is standard RFC style, but it is jarring to come along to a reference
like [NOST] or [Remark] (the first because the acronym will be meaningless
to most readers of the document, the second because it is so generic).

Cheers,
Bob