[fitsmime] draft text of RFC ready for review and approval

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Thu May 29 14:52:27 EDT 2003

On Thu 2003-05-29T14:02:07 -0400, William Pence hath writ:
> My only comment is about the following statement on page 15: "The standard
> provides means to assert that some data arrays contain complex numbers."
>
> I assume this refers to the use of CTYPEn = 'COMPLEX' in section 5.4 of the
> first WCS paper [WCS1].  Can you add a reference to this, since this usage
> is likely to be rather obscure to many readers of this MIME document?

Done.

In this case the adoption of WCS I has merely standardized a practice
which has existed since the appendix of the original FITS paper.

--
Steve Allen          UCO/Lick Observatory       Santa Cruz, CA 95064
sla at ucolick.org      Voice: +1 831 459 3046     http://www.ucolick.org/~sla