[fitsmime] draft text of RFC ready for review and approval

William Pence pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu May 29 14:02:07 EDT 2003

Steve Allen wrote:

> The main web page is
> http://www.ucolick.org/~sla/fits/mime/
> The draft itself and the comments on the draft are linked there.
>
> I believe it is reasonable to set a goal of submitting the draft to
> the RFC editor in late June or early July.
>
> I would like to receive comments from FITSMIME now.

My only comment is about the following statement on page 15: "The standard
provides means to assert that some data arrays contain complex numbers."

I assume this refers to the use of CTYPEn = 'COMPLEX' in section 5.4 of the
first WCS paper [WCS1].  Can you add a reference to this, since this usage
is likely to be rather obscure to many readers of this MIME document?

Bill
Dr. William Pence                          William.D.Pence at nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC Code 662         HEASARC         +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771                         +1-301-286-1684 (fax)