[fitsbits] current FITS toolkits ? {External}

Seaman, Robert Lewis - (rseaman) rseaman at arizona.edu
Mon Sep 26 01:03:29 EDT 2022

Howdy,

Do folks have suggestions (or pointers to lists) of current (I guess that means supported) FITS tools and libraries? I’m about to write yet another IRAF script to repackage a new (to me) camera format by shuffling extensions and overscans. But I must wonder if by this point somebody has written what really seems like a general purpose command line tool of community interest.

Montage didn’t want to build for me, but I think it’s similar to swarp which we use for various reprojection tasks. Right at the moment, I’m looking for something more basic to just shuffle rectangular arrays of pixels. It seems worth checking every five years or so.

Rob Seaman
Catalina Sky Survey
University of Arizona