[fitsbits] reopening of Public Comment Period on the Green Bank convention

William Pence William.Pence at nasa.gov
Mon Jun 6 10:40:13 EDT 2016

Hi Mark,

I am not opposed to your suggestion of developing a rigorous definition
of the Green Bank convention, but that could take weeks or months to
negotiate, and would in effect be a *new* convention that is loosely
based on the old historical convention.

Is there no way we can all agree on some simple wording, perhaps only a
footnote, which simply acknowledges the fact that something called the
'Green Bank Convention' exists, and that it may be useful when images
are stored as array column elements in a binary table?  At this point,
if we could just get that 3 word phase mentioned somewhere, somehow, in
the standard, then I would be satisfied.

-Bill