[fitsbits] start of Public Comment Period on the INHERIT convention

Tom McGlynn (NASA/GSFC Code 660.1) tom.mcglynn at nasa.gov
Thu Jun 25 11:23:38 EDT 2015

If I understand it there are two advantages to this convention:
   - It saves a little space
   - It allows normalization of keywords that are used in multiple HDUs
in a given FITS file.

Given the limited benefit, I don't think this should be a recommended
practice so I would not suggest going  forward with this.  The proposal
itself notes that care that will be needed in processing such files and
it just seems more pain than it is worth.

     Tom