[fitsbits] start of Public Comment Period on the Green Bank convention

Bob Garwood bgarwood at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 22 15:04:51 EDT 2015

The Green Bank convention is mentioned in WCS Paper I.  It's also used
in the example header shown in Table 9 (apparently taken from a real
example known to one of the authors) of WCS Paper 2, where 4  2048x2048
images are stored in separate rows of a table.  All 4 images share most
of the same WCS except for the reference pixels on each axis.  keywords
are used for most of the WCS, but columns are used to store the
reference pixels.  That's the Green Bank convention.

Bob