[fitsbits] elections for the OC of IAU Commission B2 (fwd)

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Jun 10 09:07:32 EDT 2015

Hi Lucio,

> Rob, I actually thought you were ex-officio member because of the new Time Domain Astronomy WG !

I haven’t looked at the slate of candidates, but Bob informs me that the WG chairs will no longer be OC members (whether ex-officio or “officio”). If there are other WGs you wish to see represented on the OC, voting for an explicit candidate will be necessary.

This is unlikely to be the last change to IAU procedures.

Rob