[fitsbits] elections for the OC of IAU Commission B2 (fwd)

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Wed Jun 10 05:39:29 EDT 2015

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Rob Seaman wrote:

> In the category of the squeeky wheel getting the grease, my picture is
> smaller than Arnold’s, but I am also a candidate for B2 OC ;-)

Rob, I actually thought you were ex-officio member because of the new Time
Domain Astronomy WG !

> I don’t think they have mentioned how many OC slots are available.

Apparently each IAU member can express 3 votes for B2.

Although Rob has so far not been formally a member of the FITS WG, he has
been very active in several FITS technical teams, so voting for him too we
have the opportunity to have yet another friend of FITS in the OC !