[fitsbits] Extension of Public Comment Periods

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Mon Jul 6 10:01:14 EDT 2015

Considered the amount of messages, and the requests to continue the
discussion on the various conventions beyond the original too tight
deadline, the Public Comment Periods on all the 7 conventions suggested to
be incorporated into the FITS standard (initiated between June 16 and 23)

  ARE EXTENDED UNTIL AT LEAST THE END OF JULY

It is possible but not guaranteed I'd post soon a summary of the main
arguments raised so far on fitsbits. I will do instead my best to post a
summary of textual changes suggested so far to the convention team (within
this week), so that they may consider them while I will be away.

A revised text and the possibility to pass to votes will be considered in
the late summer.