[fitsbits] start of Public Comment Period on the INHERIT convention

Phil Hodge hodge at stsci.edu
Thu Jul 2 12:43:08 EDT 2015

What I don't understand is why you need to "inherit" these keywords.
For DECam you have a convention that some keywords are in the primary
header and some are in an extension header.  Why not just read or update
keywords in the headers that actually contain the keywords? That's what
we at STScI do for HST data, in spite of the INHERIT keyword.  Explicit
is good.

Phil