[fitsbits] start of Public Comment Period on the INHERIT convention

William Thompson William.T.Thompson at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 1 10:27:53 EDT 2015

One can argue about which is better, binary tables or IMAGE extensions, but the
fact of the matter is that data providers do not necessarily follow your
preferences.  I know of a lot of groups who have great resistance to using
binary tables.  We shouldn't reject something simply because we think it should
be done with binary tables instead.

Bill Thompson