[fitsbits] FITS Mime Type for gzipped bintable

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Jun 11 09:54:33 EDT 2013

Not clear before I have my coffee if a separate mime type would be desirable for tile-compressed FITS :-)

At any rate, just a suggestion that users should evaluate tile-compression / fpack before using host gzip on FITS files of any type.  Also note the beta support for table compression.

Obviously if gzipped FITS files do exist (in defiance of all logic), the mime type should accurately capture that fact.

Rob