[fitsbits] question about imcopy.c

shntn05 at gmail.com shntn05 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 12:31:13 EDT 2008

Hi all,
I am a brand  new user of CFITSIO and still in the learning stage.
I got confused when I tried to use the imcopy.c

According to Page 46 of CFITSIO reference guide from
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/FTP/software/fitsio/c/cfitsio.ps

imcopy infile.fit ’outfile.fit[compress R 100,100; q 10.0]’

should  use tile compression and quantization scale of 10.
However when I try the above on the imcopy provided in

http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/software/fitsio/cexamples/imcopy.c
the above does not work.
I get the error
"FITSIO status = 125: parse error in input file URL"
It works when get rid of "q" , but this assumes noise bits = 10 rather
than the quantization scale.
This means that I am looking at either outdated reference manual or
the using the outdated
version of imcopy.c? Could someone let me know where is the latest
version of imcopy.c
and the CFITSIO reference manual?
Thanks
Shantanu