[fitsbits] Question(s) regarding development of proprietary FITS manipulation software. . .

gberz3 gberz3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:14:52 EDT 2007

The silence is deafening. . .

Alright all.  I suppose I was asking the right question(s) in the
wrong manner in the beginning.  I have now actually figured out how to
interpret 2-D image data.  The information literally has to be read in
8-byte increments and converted to a double.  That will then allow me
to map RGB pixel data to a buffer.

*THAT* is what I needed to know.  How to read in and interpret the
data.  I had *NO* idea what that "garbage" was supposed to mean or how
many chickens I needed to sacrifice in order to get it to work.

Anyway, thanks to all that contributed.  My apologies for any
confusion.

Regards,
Michael