[fitsbits] proposed changes?

William Pence pence at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 16 20:57:30 EDT 2007

Hi Rob,

Here's the current status of this:
As you probably know, the IAU FITS Working Group appointed a small
technical panel to make recommendations for updating and clarifying the
FITS Standard document.  That panel finished drafting it's initiial set
of recommendations about a week ago and  presented them to the full IAU
FITS Working Group for an initial assessement, to make sure everything
is in order and ready for wider public comment.  We are now fixing up a
couple loose ends, but I hope that the full set of recommendations can
be posted on the FITS Support Office Web site  in another week or so.
There will be an anouncement on FITSBITS when they are available for
public comments.  The comment period will extend at least until the time
of the ADASS meeting in late September.

Bill Pence