[fitsbits] Question(s) regarding development of proprietary FITS manipulation software. . .

Thierry Forveille Thierry.Forveille at obs.ujf-grenoble.fr
Mon Aug 27 11:58:01 EDT 2007

Michael Williams a écrit :
> I certainly appreciate your input, and apologize for the frustration,
> but we're obviously speaking terribly different languages here.  I am a
> software developer;  nothing more, nothing less.  I have a client that
> is interested in opening and editing FITS files.  We've been provided
> with nothing more than FITS example files, a FITS specification, and a
> few line items like "the ability to view a histogram".
Well, then you need to ask your customer what THEY want. FITSBITS is
a helpful forum, but you need to realize that we are all busy
astronomers or/and software engineers, and that our time is valuable:
we are all willing to steer you towards helpful documentation,
but I'd be surprised if anyone on the list has the time to either
write the specifications that your customer apparently doesn't
provide or to fill in your science education to the point where
you can write them.