[fitsbits] Question(s) regarding development of proprietary FITS manipulation software. . .

Michael Williams gberz3 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 10:38:54 EDT 2007

Ok, I actually asked a follow-on question in another post/e-mail.
Basically I asked if these astronomers images were literally live
images (perhaps of the stars, or nieces and nephews), or if they were
simply arbitrary graphical representations of data that had no
reference in reality.  Also, given the fact that, as you said,
reverse transformation isn't always possible, why in the world does
it matter if the user can perform image manipulations of any type?  I
mean, if there is no consistent way to produce an image, then why do
we care?

Thanks,
Michael