[fitsbits] World Coordinate System software for IDL

William Thompson William.T.Thompson.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 20 10:51:40 EDT 2005

Folks:

I recently updated my IDL World Coordinate System software to include support
for the spectral projections of Paper III, including the Table projection.

Currently, the support for the Table projection is limited to a maximum of 3
linked dimensions, and the inverse only works for the one dimensional case.
I'll need to improve the linear interpolation software within IDL to go beyond
that.  (There's an inherent limitation in IDL which will ultimately limit it to
no more than 7 linked dimensions.)

The software, distributed as part of the Solar Software Library, can be found at

	http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/solarsoft/gen/idl/wcs/

As always, please send me any comments,

--
William Thompson