[fitsbits] World Coordinate System software for IDL

William Thompson William.T.Thompson.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 6 10:07:50 EDT 2005

Folks:

I've started to put together a software package to implement the World
Coordinate System in IDL.  The software is oriented toward solar data, but
should also be usable for celestial systems.  It's distributed as part of the
SolarSoft library, and can be found at

	http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/solarsoft/gen/idl/wcs/

So far, I've been working on implementing Papers I and II.  Papers III (spectra)
and IV (distortions) will be added soon.

Not everything is implemented yet.  There are still a few projections which have
not been coded up yet, including the quad-cube projections.  Also,
user-specified phi0, theta0 is not supported for the azimuthal projections, and
I'm not too sure that it actually works for the non-azimuthal projections.

Please send me any comments.

--
William Thompson
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center