[fitsbits] FITS 64-bit Integer Public Comment Period

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Thu Jun 16 10:32:03 EDT 2005

On Wed 2005-06-15T15:51:46 -0400, William Pence hath writ:
> Are you in favor of adding support in FITS for BOTH 64-bit integer images
> and 64-bit integer table columns?  Should the FITS committees be allowed to
> vote on each of these 2 cases separately (and perhaps approve one without
> the other), or are these 2 cases so closely linked that they should only be
> considered together?

Yes to the first.

Caution, the second question has two basically opposing clauses.

No, I think that separate voting is a bad idea because, yes, I think
they should only be considered together.
But I would be willing to compromise on that for political expediency.

--
Steve Allen                 <sla at ucolick.org>                   WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory        Natural Sciences II, Room 165       Lat  +36.99858