[fitsbits] FITS Liberator (article on space.com)

Don Wells dwells at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 9 10:34:12 EDT 2004

Dear friends of FITS,

It has come to my attention that a FITS-related article was posted to
space.com yesterday. See

    http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/fits_liberator_040708.html

During the past 25 years there must have been some other FITS-related
press releases, but I don't remember any.  This one appears to be
technically correct (a rarity in press releases, in my experience).
I expect that many amateur astronomers will read this article.

The current draft of the MIME-code RFC already cites one URL for an
Adobe Photoshop plugin for FITS.  Presumably we should add a FITS
Liberator URL.

-Don
  Donald C. Wells        Scientist (retired)          dwells at nrao.edu
                    http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~dwells
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                +1-434-296-0277
  520 Edgemont Road,   Charlottesville, Virginia       22903-2475 USA