[fitsbits] fitsverify

Chris Lawton clawton at moguls.dhcp.mathworks.com
Wed Mar 26 11:11:08 EST 2003

William Pence <pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

>              Fitsverify Program Release Announcement

Works great! Well, at least it warned me about the extra bytes at the end of
the file that I posted about yesterday (see post by me titled "Strange FITS
File").

I do have one suggestion. Could you lose the .exe extension for the name of the
Linux and Solaris binaries? I wasn't sure what type of file I was downloading
(a tar file? a zip file? something I'd need to unpack on a Windows machine?
etc.) until I finally renamed it to "fitsview" and tried to use it.

Thanks for the useful tool.

-Chris