[fitsbits] FITS MIME RFC ready for review

Tom McGlynn Thomas.A.McGlynn at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 4 18:41:20 EDT 2003

Arnold Rots wrote:

>I may have misunderstood.  Are you saying that a file of type
>image/fits without a primary data unit (i.e., some NAXISi=0) should be
>considered an empty image?
>
>I don't have a problem with that.

Right.  The current published document requires that the primary image have
at least 1 pixel.  I wanted to be able to return empty primary images as
images.
While I wouldn't want to ban extensions from image/fits files, my feeling is
that use of that mime type is a strong signal that the primary HDU is
what the program should be interested in.

       Tom

    Tom