[fitsbits] Iraf Image Buffer

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Mon Nov 11 09:34:46 EST 2002

i have a .imtoolrc file in my homedirectory that seemed to have solved
this at some point in the past. It looks as follows:

# IMTOOL -- Defined frame buffer configurations.  Note that the given nframes
# is only a starting point, and may be modified during execution, hence smaller
# values are preferred.  The configuration numbers may be given in any order,
# but must be unique and in the range 1-64.  NOTE - corresponding entries must
# be present in the dev$graphcap file, for use with IRAF.
#
# Format:  configno nframes width height

 1  2  512  512         # imt1|imt512
 2  2  800  800         # imt2|imt800
 3  2 1024 1024         # imt3|imt1024
 4  1 1600 1600         # imt4|imt1600
 5  1 2048 2048         # imt5|imt2048
 6  1 4096 4096         # imt6|imt4096
 7  1 4096 1024         # imt7|imt4x1
 8  1 1024 4096         # imt8|imt1x4
 9  2 1144  880         # imt9|imtfs    full screen (1152x900 minus frame)
10  2 1144  764         # imt10|imtfs35 full screen at 35mm film aspect ratio
11  2  128  128         # imt11|imt128
12  2  256  256         # imt12|imt256