[fitsbits] Re: FITS and Delphi

Paul Schlyter pausch at saaf.se
Fri Jul 12 16:42:31 EDT 2002

In article <agmcan$mpkg3$1 at ID-54260.news.dfncis.de>,
J'o'rg Weingrill <joerg.weingrill at gmx.net> wrote:

>> Does anyone know if is there a Delphi (or VB) library for reading
>> FITS files?
>
> Up to now I haven't found a pascal source that handles the
> CFITSIO.DLL. I tried to convert the C-header file by myself, but
> there are some C structures that can't be translated properly.

You can write an interface module in C, which calls CFITSIO.DLL and
which is supposed to be called by your Pascal code.  Then you can,
within that interface module, do whatever translations need to be done.

Paul Schlyter,  Swedish Amateur Astronomer's Society (SAAF)
Grev Turegatan 40,  S-114 38 Stockholm,  SWEDEN
e-mail:  pausch at saaf dot se
WWW:     http://hem.passagen.se/pausch/index.html
         http://home.tiscali.se/~pausch/