[fitsbits] Re: EXPOSURE or OBSTIME?

Tom Kuiper kuiper at dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 6 18:16:40 EDT 2000

I believe that reading the definitions closely I have discovered a
distinction.  SDFITS defines EXPOSURE as the effective integration, so
that the radiometer equation has a factor of unity.  It seems to me that
OBSTIME is defined as total integration time.  In the case of position
or beam switching, for example, EXPOSURE = OBSTIME/4.

Does this seems right?

Tom
--
Internet:       kuiper at DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109