[fitsbits] flipping an image in 'cfitsio' package?

Michal Szymanski msz at sirius.astrouw.edu.pl
Fri Jun 2 13:52:09 EDT 2000

Hi,

Cfitsio package offers impressive extended FITS file name syntax,
allowing subsection cropping etc. just by specifying proper
"name". I wonder whether it supports somehow flipping the
image in any dimension (like IRAF's "imcopy src[-*,*] dest").
I tried IRAF syntax and also "scr[2048:1,*]" but both were rejected.

Of course one can read the whole image, flip it in-memory and write back
but I was just wondering if the extended file name syntax provide a
simple tool for that.

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw.edu.pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND