[fitsbits] flipping an image in 'cfitsio' package?

William Pence pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 18 15:17:56 EDT 2000

Michal Szymanski wrote:

> Cfitsio package offers impressive extended FITS file name syntax,
> allowing subsection cropping etc. just by specifying proper
> "name". I wonder whether it supports somehow flipping the
> image in any dimension (like IRAF's "imcopy src[-*,*] dest").
> I tried IRAF syntax and also "scr[2048:1,*]" but both were rejected.

Support for this feature has been added to the latest 2.037 version of
CFITSIO.  One can use either the src[-*,*] or the scr[2048:1,*] syntax to
reverse the axis of the image.  This new version also contains various other
minor enhancements and bug fixes.

The CFITSIO subroutine interface for reading and writing data files in FITS
format is available at http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/fitsio/
Dr. William Pence                          pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC Code 662         HEASARC         +1-301-286-4599 (voice)
Greenbelt MD 20771                         +1-301-286-1684 (fax)