[fitsbits] Re: Conversions to FITS

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Jan 24 13:01:13 EST 2000

Markus Kempf (mkempf1909 at my-deja.com) writes:

> I'm searching for a tool to convert a simple ASCII text file with
> a matrix of white space separated floating point numbers into a
> simple FITS primary array image file.

I'm not sure what a "text file with a matrix of white space" means,
but depending on your host and operating system, rtextimage in IRAF
would likely do the job.  (Also depends on what your definition of
"tool" is.)

> A conversion tool for another image file format with at least
> 16bit/pixel (TIFF, TGA) would also be nice. I have looked into
> ImageMagick, xv, pbmplus, netpbm and ftools without success.

Also take a look at the IRAF import/export tasks.

Rob Seaman
--
seaman at noao.edu, http://iraf.noao.edu/~seaman
NOAO, 950 N Cherry Ave, Tucson AZ 85719, 520-318-8248