Viewing DSS Fits Files

Gordon dgb at doplar.wa.astro.gov.au
Sun May 3 22:32:47 EDT 1998

The other day I asked about viewers for fits files to help me with a
photographic project for my astronomical club.  I was given the net
address to download FITsview 2.0.

The good news is that I now have this program and it works well with the
sample images that came with it.  However, when I try to view fits files
downloaded fromm DSS I get an error message saying that I have performed
an illegal function.  I have tried on different days downloading DSS
images and seeing if they will be accepted by the program.  But no
luck.  If it is of any use my computer has Windows 95 and runs a late
version of Netscape.

Your help is once again needed.

Gordon

(What I have seen so far, I think Fitsviewer is a fantastic research
tool)