Adobe Acrobat format for documentation

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.borg
Tue Sep 23 12:22:46 EDT 1997

In article <slrn62et5j.m6.tim at lothar.as.arizona.edu>,
Tim Pickering <tim at lothar.as.arizona.edu> wrote:
>adobe acrobat is not a necessary prerequisite for viewing PDF files.

I concur that ghostview/ghostscript make a better viewer than the one
from Adobe, but it is admittedly a matter of taste.

I offer that it is only by virtue of the facts that PostScript and PDF
are openly published standards and that viewers are available from
more than one source which make them acceptable as formats for
distributing FITS information.

--
Steve Allen          UCO/Lick Observatory       Santa Cruz, CA 95064
sla at ucolick.borg     Voice: +1 408 459 3046     FAX (don't): +1 408 454 9863