Fits to JPEG or GIF

Philippe Martinole martinol at clr40ae.der.edf.fr
Wed Apr 23 06:46:20 EDT 1997

I don't know the computer and the environnement you use, but
under Window95, I wrote a little Freeware AIM wich convert FITS
16 bits images or PIC (Hi-SIS) images to Window 8 bits BMP format.
Then you can convert the BMP images to JPEG with one of the many
programs existing.

If you are interested, you will find it at :
http://www.micronet.fr/~phmarty
Sorry, this page is in french but to take the English version,
click on the link AIMUS.ZIP

I hope AIM wil help you

Next version of AIM wil be able to convert most FITS image formats
to BMP TIFF GIF JPEG or PCX formats but I am working on it and I don't
know when it wil be ready to be distributed.

Perso  : phmarty at micronet.fr
Bureau : philippe.martinole at der.edfgdf.fr
         martinol at clr40ae.der.edf.fr