[evlatests] Phase/Delay jumps on ea13 and ea26 at X-band

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 12 17:51:53 EDT 2018

     Vivek owes me (most of) a bottle.

     He is correct that I did the wrong analysis:  I fitted the delays
to the entire IF (eight spectral windows in this case), thus rubbing out
most of the delay clunk effect, which works independently for each
spectral window.

     When the delays/phases were correctly solved for, -- for each
spectral window, and for each integration (1 second, in this case)-- ,
the *phase* steps claimed earlier are still there.  They are seen only
in ea13 and ea26.

     Due to the wildly oscillating delay steps (more than 500 ps), it is
difficult to discern if the claimed 40 ps steps are present.  I bet they
are.

     Still to be done is to find if these steps are seen at other bands,
and with the 3-bit samplers.

     Rick