[evlatests] P-band switched power observed at S-band

Barry Clark bclark at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 17 17:48:28 EDT 2016

A nice piece of work.  We should do something about the problem.

I still worry that as well as the cal, some receiver noise from
the P band might be leaking in.  It can't be much, as Fraser says
it didn't show up on stress test gains, but it might be more
sensitive to use this approach to see if S band psum changes
when the P band receiver is turned off.

The simplest fix for most purposes is to run the S-Band Pcal
at half the frequency as the other cals (or twice the frequency,
or displaced in phase by 90 degrees).  Paul will hate this
suggestion - it does nothing to help the pulsar problem.