[evlatests] Antenna 14 FRM interference

Dan Mertely dmertely at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 3 12:06:36 EDT 2016

Hi Frank.  Thanks for the investigation.

I'm a bit confused.  In the AC14_FRM_on.ps plot the strong (RFI?)
signals at 54.75 &  77.4 MHz are > 100.  On the AC14_FRM_on_zoom.ps
plot the same signals are < 20.  Shouldn't they be the same amplitude
& just go off the scale (since you zoomed in on the vertical scale)?

We are familiar with the problem and probable cause.  One (very
temporary) solution is to set-up the scripts to (or to have the Op
manually) turn off the FRM during the data collection portion of
observing.  This would only be for the purpose of allowing 4m
testing to continue until the problem is fixed.  Is that possible?
-Mert