[evlatests] P-band checkup update

Paul Harden pharden at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 19 14:03:05 EDT 2016

On 7/18/2016 3:43 PM, Frank Schinzel wrote:
> 3) Previously unreported was that ea28X does not work very well,
> showing larger than 1 dB bandpass ripples. All other band passes look
> good. This could be a cable issue.

The last bandpass plot on EA28 does not show any unusual ripple, so will
check it out locally asap, hopefully tomorrow.

> 4) Very large cross-polarizations are still seen on some antennas, as
> previously reported by Rick.
> The worst from this observation are: ea06, ea27, ea17, ea15
> It would be great to look into the worst misaligned dipoles, of which
> none have the new style P-band dipole mounting jam nut and to identify
> the reason for the strong bandpass ripples on ea28X.

Wednesday is maintenance day at the site.  Pending possible microwave
receiver swaps impacting transportation and resources, Sandra and myself
will make a strong attempt to visit the above antennas to inspect the
P-band dipoles for degree of misalignment, and will schedule to try and
get them realigned in the next week or so.  We'll check out EA28 also.

Paul