[evlatests] ea20 gain variations

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 19 16:09:42 EST 2016

     I noted last week how the switched power system nicely corrects
gain changes at X-band.

     In another 'beam holography' run, taken Sunday evening at 6cm, the
same type of gain variations noted earlier in ea20 at X-band are present
in that antenna at C-band.  I attach a plot of the 'PDif' values.  The
gain variations are significant -- about 10% in power. The timescale is
about 1 hour.

     I would guess that something is quite amiss with the temperature
control, since this behavior is seen on (at least) two different bands.