[evlatests] ea01 on master pad.

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Sat Jan 16 16:38:25 EST 2016

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016, Vivek Dhawan wrote:

> Ken Sowinski worked with ea01 today after the FRM work was done
> earlier this week. These are the findings, there are items of
> special interest to Servo and Front-end groups.
>
> 1. azimuth slew is considerably slower than the other antennas,
>    even slower than ea14, 17 with new ACUs.

So slow that the antennas arrives a minute later than the other
antennas after a slew of 2/3 of a turn.

> 2. Focus and rotation were offset by about 5mm and 3deg (for all
>    bands).

To clarify, these are changes in the focus and rotation zero point.
There was a large change in Azimuth collimation, measured at C band.
This was corrected assuming the same change at all bands.  Now with
pointing measured at X and Ku bands it is clear that that collimation
error was due to a rotation offset and other unknown causes.

Has the subreflector been reindexed after its refurbishment?  If so
we need the correct rotation settings; if not we should decide whether
we want to do so before further pointing corrections are made.