[evlatests] New L-band RFI?

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 5 11:56:55 EST 2015

     I have long been using 1820/128 MHz as a 'safe' L-band SPW for
testing.  It has always been clean of RFI.  But not yesterday. During a
late afternoon test of the OTF modes, this SPW was completely wiped out
by a pair of RFI tones, at:

     1804.0 and 1830.0 MHz.

     These were seen equally on all baselines and both polarizations.
They were strong enough to completely trash the switched power
calibration.  All autocorrelations were blanked out for that SPW.
They don't look to me like an external signal ... but this is a purely
subjective opinion.

     The other SPW (1445 MHz) was fine.