[evlatests] ea05 mis- tuning at C and X bands?

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 10 13:12:01 EDT 2014

     Two tests have been run utilizing C and X bands where ea05 is
failing to fringe in a manner which is strongly suggesting of a failure
to tune properly.   In this test, I cycle around five bands (P, L, S, C,
and X).

     Characteristics are:

     1) At X-band, the AC side provides no fringes on any scan except
the first.  The BD side fringes properly.  Examination of the switched
power shows that everything is normal.

     2) At C-band, the BD side provided no fringes on approximately half
of the scans.  The AC side fringes properly.  Again, the switched power
is normal throughout.

     I looked for correlations between failures to fringe and the
preceding tuning -- none is apparent.

     The C-band tunings were at 4700 and 6500 MHz (center of the 1024
MHz-wide band).  At X-band, the tunings were at 8400 and 11000 MHz.

     This antenna fringed correctly at the other bands.

     Rick