[evlatests] 4band, interference and ea14

Frazer Owen fowen at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 23 13:33:33 EDT 2014

     Details of 60 MHz interference:

1) My test was looking at an 8minute average.

2) The test that shows the strongest cross-correlation at 60MHz is
looking at the NCP (North Celestial Pole).

3) The antennas are ea12 at N9 , ea14 at E8, ea19 at W1

4) Except for the NCP, the signals when averaged over 8 minutes decrease
in amplitude relative to 2 second averaging.

5) The strength of the correlated 60MHz signal changes with different
pointing positions (Cas A, 3C48, NCP). Especially the NCP strength is
very different from the other two.

6) ea14 at E8 has no internal 60 MHz interference based on the total
power and is near the end of the east arm. However, ea14-ea19 appears to
have stronger 60MHz interference than ea12-ea19. These signal have been
through the requantizer step but it seems clear that whatever signal
ea14 is seeing that correlates with ea19 is not coming from ea14 itself.

---Frazer