[evlatests] S-band PDif wobbles gone from ea16

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 14 10:54:10 EST 2014

    I've reported earlier on the (almost) ever-present wobbling of the
PDif values from ea06 and ea16.    For ea06, the wobbling is seen in
both polarizations, but in 'anti-phase'.  For ea16, the 'wobbling' was
only on the RCP side.    For both antennas, the wobbling is not seen in
the PSum.

    ea16's S-band receiver was replaced with the spare a couple days
ago.    I had a test run last night, so can look at the current
situation.   The PDif values for both polarizations are now beautifully
steady.  There are no variations on the RCP side.  All is as it should be.

    Perhaps more curious is that the wobbles in ea06 are barely visible
on the LCP side (IFs C and D).  They are present in the RCP with the
usual strength (a few percent of the average).