[evlatests] [Vlite-external] Antenna ea1=V5 problems

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Sat Aug 23 07:40:03 EDT 2014

Doug Scott wrote, On 8/22/14 16:20 :
> Good afternoon,
> As one of the techs who swapped out the L305 here, I'd like to request a
> little direction on how to minimize any impact on VLITE modules.
>
> 1. Of the many modules we (LO/IF) affect in the antenna vertex room,
> when are we to request our VLITE expert to check things out?

only if you think it affects the D306.  i realize you may not know, and
these are early days for these modules, so i think it's going to take a
bit of time to get experience with them before we really know.

> 2. Should the VLITE expert (Mike R.) be unavailable, who might be
> filling in?

kerry shores is the backup, as far as i know.

> 3. Is there an antenna overlay screen in the works for VLITE?

no.  we have only mike's module status screen (through which you can get
at least a bandpass), and nothing else.  and i think that's going to
have to be it.  remember that this is a best effort basis.